I was born and raised in Southern California where I was an active dancer and cheerleader for 10+ years. I moved to Arizona and attended ASU where I let college get the best of me and my health and fitness took a back seat. I didn't step foot in a gym for 4 years and fast food was almost a daily occurrence. After graduating in 2009 my health was poor, my body was weak and I realized I needed to make some major changes. I began researching various workouts and diet plans when I came across clean eating and immediately fell in love with the concept. I also discovered the weight room at the gym and these two things together helped me get my health back on track. I didn't realize it at the time, but the changes I made would create more opportunities for me than I could have ever imagined.
About the blog
My new found love for fitness led me to start writing my blog where I share workouts, healthy recipes, and give my readers a glimpse into what my everyday life looks like while trying to balance work-fitness-family-friends-
Five Facts about Brittany
- I have gluten and lactose sensitivities, so you will probably notice most of my recipes reflect this. I do eat greek yogurt & Ezekiel bread (neither seem to bother my stomach) and also Lactaid Cottage Cheese.
- I am lost without my planner. You should see it! There are colors and post-its and tabs and stickers everywhere. I find if I don't write things down, I forget them. Always.
- I am the oldest of 3 girls and try my very best to be a good role model for my sisters. This puts a lot of pressure on me, but it also keeps me focused and grounded.
- I am a creature of habit and truthfully don't step out of my comfort zone as much as I would like to. I wrote about a weeks worth of blog posts before I actually posted the link for anyone to read... I guess you can say I'm easily affected by what others think, even though I wish I wasn't.
- I can burp really loud, Just ask Bryan! :)
Make sure you "like" my facebook page for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and great articles :)
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.