Hello and Happy Memorial Day! B and I got back from our 10 day Europe trip yesterday evening and are doing our best to recover today, get life organized again, and of course beat the jet lag as much as possible. We had an amazing time visiting many cities in both England and Germany but now I'm definitely feeling super bloated, dehydrated, and so ready to get back to my routine!
I didn't over do it on the food-- definitely indulged in French fries in England (they serve EVERYTHING with fries and they are my weakness to begin with), and had the most amazing chocolate croissant one day for my post workout carbs. Surprisingly we found really good chicken wings almost everywhere we went- so random- and other than that and the alcohol I was able to find fairly 'normal' foods everywhere. I also made it to the gym every other day which I was super happy about and I've already hit the gym early this morning since my body decided to wake up at 4:30am!
Here are some other things I'll do to help my body adjust:
- Drink water like its my job. I know that a majority of my bloating is just do to water retention from being off my diet, alcohol and of course the day long journey home. All week this week I'll be getting in at least a gallon but shooting to drink even more than that. The more water you drink the less you will retain.
- Start tracking macros again right away. I already back on myfitnesspal as of this morning and I have my entire day planned out to make sure I hit my macros perfectly.
- My goal this week is to get veggies in 3x a day. You can follow me on Snapchat (bschluet) where I'll be keeping myself accountable to this!
- Grocery shop. I have 7 million things to do today and grocery shopping doesn't sound too fun but I'll be headed there this morning because of course the fridge is empty after being gone 10 days. I'll also dedicate some time today to food prep to ensure we are ready for a perfect week food wise.
- Give myself time to relax if I need it. The worst thing you can do is push yourself when your body is telling you no. After so much traveling I'm sure my immune system is not the greatest right now and I don't want to get sick, so if I feel like rest is more important than a workout- I'll rest.
I'm going to be jumping right back in to my Get Lean with Little B program because I do have a Father's Day weekend trip at the beach in 2 short weeks and I know I'll want to be comfortable in my bikini for that which is great motivation to stay on track now that this trip is over. If you need a little extra push, check out the program here and join those of us that are currently doing it!