Hey guys! I'm sitting here eating lunch and figured I would share this awesome recipe I threw together on Monday (with some inspiration from a dish my mom makes!). Both B and I have eaten off of this multiple times and there's still more in the fridge, so this is a great recipe to make as part of your meal prep since it will last a while. I made the noodles and the rest of the recipe separately so that I can add in the carbs as needed or I can choose to just eat the chicken and veggies alone. Hope you enjoy!
3 large chicken breasts diced
1 jar of artichoke hearts in olive oil and spices, chopped (found in produce section)
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and spices, chopped
2 large zucchini, chopped
1 T minced garlic
1-2 T red pepper flakes
1 tsp EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste
1 box whole wheat noodles of choice (only ingredient in mine is whole wheat flour)
1. Cook noodles according to packaging and set aside.
2. In a large pan, add garlic and a tiny splash of EVOO (about 1 tsp)
3. About a minute later add chicken, salt and pepper and allow to chicken to cook until the outside is white but the inside is still raw.
4. While chicken is cooking, drain and rinse your artichoke and tomatoes. This step is optional but because they come in olive oil you will be adding a lot of additional fat to the recipe if not rinsed.
5. Add remainder of ingredients (not noodles) to the pan and cook until chicken is cooked through.
6. Place on top of whole wheat noodles or eat alone!