Finally, a new recipe! To be honest the reason I haven't shared recipes lately is because I haven't been very creative in the kitchen. I tend to stick to really simple meals or my crock pot meals that last though most of the week. We are also guilty of eating out more than we used to (sometimes Chipotle or Pei Wei is just too hard to pass up!) which contributes to me cooking a little less. Anyway, I'm going to try my best to come up with at least one new recipe a week to get back in the swing of things and showing up around here more often. If you have any suggestions or specific recipes you need help making a little healthier, please send them my way!
This particular recipe is a spin on my moms pasta salad that she's been making since I can remember. I turned it into a main dish by adding some more protein with the chicken and let me tell you this makes a ton of servings!
- 1 box spiral noodles- I used whole grain (only ingredient is whole wheat)
- 3/4 package turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup fat free Italian dressing
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large chicken breasts, grilled and cubed - I used pre-marinated Mediterranean chicken but you can easily marinate chicken in Italian dressing for a few hours and then grill
- Cubed mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Boil water and cook noodles according to package instructions. Strain and pour cold water on top to cool noodles.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
That's it! Super easy and you'll have lunches all week!