I was browsing Pinterest last weekend when I came across this recipe that sounded odd enough to actually be good, and it was! With a couple minor tweaks I came up with this recipe that saved me from going on a chicken hiatus… for some reason I'm kind of over it right now. But, I remember when I went on a Greek yogurt hiatus, and now I can't get enough- weird how that happens!
1lb chicken, cut in half length wise and then into strips
Juice from 2 oranges
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbs adobo sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2.5 T sugar free maple syrup
1. Place oil in skillet on medium heat and add chicken.
2. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper on chicken and cook through.
3. Remove cooked chicken from pan and add orange juice, syrup, and adobo sauce and bring to a slight boil.
4. Return chicken to pan and cook 1 more minute.
5. Serve over a bed of brown rice with sauce spooned on top.