Happy Friday friends! Hope everyone has had a great week of workouts and nutrition after the long weekend and you're keeping those goals top of mind! I've been to the gym every day this week (1 day was cardio only, yes cardio) and plan on hitting back this afternoon. We'll probably take a rest day this weekend to recoup and get ready for another week of heavy lifting.
To be honest, I've been a little boring in the kitchen lately, sticking to lots of the same things as far as lunches and dinners go but I did come up with this one dish (well, almost) recipe that was really good and lasted a few days.
3 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise (I like thin chicken, you don't have to cut it)
6 red potatoes, cubed
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes
2 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place potatoes in a large rectangular baking dish and drizzle 1 T EVOO and salt and pepper on potatoes.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are about 3/4 of the way cooked.
4. While potatoes are cooking drizzle 1 T EVOO on chicken as well as salt and pepper as desired.
5. Remove potatoes from oven and place chicken on top and sprinkle veggies on top of potatoes as well.
6. Place back in the oven and cooke for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I also used this same recipe for breakfast! I chopped up about 1/2 a chicken breast, and threw that with the potatoes and veggies in a skillet. Then added egg whites and turkey bacon and it was so yummy!