There are always a few items that I buy at the grocery store even though we hardly eat them. Red apples happens to be one of those things and I noticed yesterday that we had quite a few in our fruit bowl that were going to be victim of the trash can fairly soon. I decided to incorporate them into this recipe which turned out to be a great idea. The addition of the apple made the pancakes super moist and gave them a much stronger apple flavor than if you were to just use applesauce. I had these as a post workout treat and they were awesome!
- 1/2 red apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 whole egg
- 1 scoop MRM Whey Protein
- 3 scoops Better Stevia or preferred sugar substitue
- Greek yogurt and Walden Farms caramel for topping (if desired)
1. Chop 1/2 apple into a few pieces and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in microwave for 1 minute.
2. Place remainder of ingredients + the warm apple in blender and blend well. Make sure you don't drop your egg right on top of the apple or it will cook.
3. Cook like pancakes over a hot skillet, recipe makes 4 pancakes.
4. Top with greek yogurt and caramel and enjoy!