I was finally inspired to do a little experimenting in the kitchen yesterday and I think I may have found a new staple meal. The filling for these potatoes is so darn good and full of tons of flavorful ingredients. I think when I make this next time I may just make the filling and not worry about even putting it in the skins-- this is great to make in bulk and eat all week long!
2 large chicken breasts shredded (I used my salsa chicken)
1 cup corn
1/2 bag of spinach
1 can low sodium black beans
Chiles in adobo sauce
4 sweet potatoes
mexican cheese (optional)
1 packet taco seasoning
1. Cook sweet potatoes either in the oven on 350 for 60 minutes or you can pop them in the microwave for about 10 minutes or until tender.
2. While they're cooking, place corn in a large skillet and spray with olive oil spray
3. Cook corn until it starts to brown and then add spinach. When spinach beings to wilt, add chicken, sauce from chilies (about 2 T) and beans (drained).
4. Once potatoes are cooked, cut in half and let them cool for 10 minutes.
5. Scrape the flesh out of the potatoes (try to leave a little in the bottom to help the skin stay sturdy) and place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 packet of taco seasoning and mix well into potatoes.
6. Add potatoes to chicken mixture and mix well.
7. Spoon filling into potato skin and add cheese if desired.