A couple weeks ago I realized I had been pretty bad about eating my veggies lately (mostly out of laziness) and I told myself I would focus on including them in more meals. If you read last weeks What I Ate Wednesday, you probably noticed veggies were pretty slim. I just haven't been feeling them and I make sure to take my vitamins and greens so I think I'm covered as far as nutrients go. Anyway, I got a comment asking if "I really only ate veggies once a day". I couldn't help but laugh for two reasons- 1. Why in the world would I lie about being a horrible veggie eater?! and 2. I had just told myself I needed to eat more and totally got called out. So, for whoever anonymous was last week, thank you because you made me get butt in gear! 4 out of 6 meals is a big improvement.
Here's what my veggie filled day looked like:
- Egg white omelette with spinach, onion, and mushroom and 2 pieces Ezekiel toast
- The return of oats! Oats, strawberries, protein powder, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia.
- Buffalo meat balls with sweet potato and broccoli
- Chicken, sweet potato and a side salad
- Dinner was tomato basil turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash and broccoli- If you're one of my online clients, this meal may look familiar :)
- I wrapped up the day with a little casein, peanut butter, and almond milk blended with ice.