Today is the first rest day in Ashley Conrad's program, and although you know I'm not a fan of them I'm taking full advantage today because I did something funky to my knee. I think I did it on Sunday during leg day, but it has been bugging me since then and I think I just need to let it rest. I remember something similar happening last year and it went away with a little ice and time off, so that's the plan for today and hopefully it feels better tomorrow. Yesterday was cardio and abs and although 25 minutes of cardio didn't sound like much fun, it actually went by really quickly and it torched calories! Gotta love that!
Here's what yesterday's eats looked like!
1. Since it was cardio day, I didn't want to have a full breakfast in my stomach while sprinting, so I had 1/2 a protein shake and one of my banana muffins to fuel me but not stuff me.
2. Then, I came home to a glorious bowl of egg white oats with blueberries.
3. The usual- cottage cheese, peanut butter, cinnamon, and 1/2 a quest bar crumbled on top.
4. Taco salad made with bison meat and topped with black beans, almond cheese and avocado.
5. I made some plain shredded chicken on Sunday so I had that with avocado and hot sauce for my afternoon snack.
6. And lastly for dinner, Ezekiel breaded chicken with roasted green beans and almonds. I LOVE my green beans this way!
We stayed up later than normal last night since today is our rest day, so I also had a scoop of casein before bed.