Even though I'm the ultimate over planner, there are still (many) days I don't plan out all my meals. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and have no idea what I'm going to have for breakfast, let alone lunch or dinner. Today was kind of one of those days. We went to a barbecue on Sunday evening, so I didn't have a dinner prepped for lunch today. I also didn't have a chance to think about what I was going to make for dinner, but before I left for work today, I threw some chicken in the crockpot and decided I would just figure it out when I got home.
And now, we have a new recipe!
- 3 large chicken breasts, shredded (I put mine in the crock pot with about 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 large yams, cubed and cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag pre cut veggies, cooked (slightly under cooked)
- 1 raw zucchini, chopped
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. (Make sure none of your ingredients are too hot or the eggs will start to cook.)
2. Place in a large casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
(If you would like to add cheese, add it before you put it in to bake. I did cheddar and mozzarella on B's side)
I enjoyed mine with a little low sugar ketchup, of course!
How are you when it comes to planning? Are you a planner or someone that just wings it?