So I think I'm a little excited for my beach vacay this weekend (even though I checked the weather last night and it's going to be COLD! grr.) and I completely spaced on the fact that yesterday was Tuesday. Since I don't have a WIAW to share, I thought I would share a couple of my new favorite post workout snacks and meals!
The first one is super simple, well they both are.
1. Place 1/4 cup blueberries in the microwave for 25 seconds
2. Add 1 small scoop of Kal Stevia
3. Spread non fat Greek Yogurt on a rice cake and then add your blueberry "syrup" on top.
That's it! I usually have one or two of these along with a protein shake immediately after my workout. And, if you're a cinnamon lover like me, you can add that on top too!
This second one is the one I've been most recently obsessed with and actually just finished eating it a minute ago. It may sound a little strange, but trust me it's awesome.
- 4-5oz Yams, cubed and cooked
- 4-5 egg whites
- 1T vegan carob chips (or dark chocolate chips would work too)
1. Spray pan with non stick spray and allow to heat.
2. Once pan is hot add your yams and egg whites and cook like a pancake. About a minute before you're ready to flip, add 1/2 T carob chips on top.
3. Flip the mixture and then add the rest of the carob chips. Cook until egg whites are cooked through.
4.Top with Cinnamon and Stevia! This would also be good topped with a little sugar free syrup, but I try to limit that because it's unfortunately sweetened with sucralose.
Both of these are great because they have protein and fast acting carbs which will help carry the protein to the muscles quickly after your workout!