I've been keeping a secret from you guys for a couple weeks, and you're going to be super excited I finally decided to spill the beans. These have always been eaten too quickly to get any good shots of them so I had to sneakily make them last week and take photo's before B knew they existed! If you're a coconut fan, these are definitely a treat you're going to love.
I found this recipe on The Smith Machines Fitbook's Instagram and follow it almost to a T. Here is my version...
6 tiny scoops (the scooper that comes with it) of Kal Stevia
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup vegan carob chips
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1. Combine all ingredients except carob chips in a bowl and mix well. (I just do this by hand)
2. Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until they start to brown.
3. Once they are cooked, remove and let cool until cool enough to handle.
4. In a small bowl, slowly melt the carob chips about 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each 30 seconds. Sometimes I add a tiny dash of almond milk to help liquify.
5. Dip about half of each macaroon in the melted carob chips and place on a plate.
6. Place the plate in the freezer for about 10 minutes, and serve! I usually get 10-12 macaroons out of this so if you need more, just double it up!
Let me know if you give these a try, they're pretty much a staple in my Sunday meal prep now!