I did some playing around in the kitchen over the weekend and had a couple HUGE successes. This one is success number one, and hopefully I'll be able to post the other one on Thursday.
I've always been a huge pumpkin lover, pumpkin pie to be exact. It reminds me of being a little kid at holidays and putting whipped cream from the top of my slice of pie to the bottom, and then a squirt in my mouth of course. These crepes gave me my pumpkin fix at breakfast no less!
1/4 cup almond meal
4 egg whites
2 tsp cinnamon
2-3oz pureed pumpkin
2oz greek yogurt
2 packets Truvia
1 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle of vanilla protein powder (optional)
1. Heat a skillet over low heat with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, combine crepe ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the pan and make sure it is spread out as thin as possible.
4. Once the batter begins to bubble, use a spatula to flip onto the other side.
5. Repeat with rest of batter. It should be enough for 3 crepes.
6. In a seperate bowl, combine pumpkin filling ingredients and mix well.
7. Place 1/3 of filling on the edge of a crepe and roll like a burrito. Repeat for rest.
8. I topped mine with a little more greek yogurt and a little more cinnamon! You can also top with some sugar free syrup to make them a little sweeter :)