This is the ultimate low carb recipe, and I love it. B actually inspired me to make it when we were out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. He always orders the Philly Chicken Crepe from Pita Jungle (if you're ever in AZ you HAVE to eat here) and is absolutely in love with it, so I wanted to try to recreate it at home. I think I got pretty darn close! The best part about this recipe is you can literally eat if for any meal, from breakfast to dinner, and it makes a lot so we've had leftovers for a couple days.
3 Chicken breasts, cubed
2 T EVOO
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 T fat free creme cheese (Optional)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 T onions powder
1/2 T paprika
1tsp ground parsley
pepper to taste
2 T almond flour
3 egg whites
splash of almond milk
1/2T garlic powder
1. Place olive oil in pan with chicken and all spices
2. Cook chicken until about 1/2 way done, then add mushroom, onion, and bell pepper.
3. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and onions are translucent.
4. For crepe, combine egg whites, almond flour, and almond milk in a bowl and whisk together.
5. Heat a pan over low heat, then add crepe mixture. Make sure the mixture spreads across the pan as thin as possible.
6. Slowly cook crepe until it begins to bubble, then using a spatula, flip it over as you would a pancake.
7. Cook for another 2-3 minutes then place on plate adding chicken mixure. Add 1 T creme cheese (I obviously skipped the creme cheese) then fold in half. Add more chicken and more creme cheese on top of the crepe and serve.