It isn't very often B asks for a specific dinner, unless he wants me to create mac n cheese that tastes like Kraft, or ice cream. Both realistic of course. But, since it's been so cold here in AZ (Yes, COLD! You can't tell me 28 degrees is not cold!) he's been on a soup thing. He bought canned soup over the weekend (yuck) and asked me on Monday if I had a chicken noodle recipe. I didn't, but I couldn't bare to see him eat more junk soup so I came up with this! It really hit the spot-- especially after I added hot sauce to mine!
Boneless chicken breasts
3 cups low sodium, organic chicken broth
1 package brown rice noodles
1/2 a low sodium bullion cube
3 cups water
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped in half
1 small onion, chopped
1T garlic powder
1T onion powder
1 T dill
These are the noodles I bought...
Any brand is fine, just make sure these are the only ingredients!
1. Place all ingredients except noodles in crock pot. Chicken breasts should be whole.
2. Cook on high for 7 hours.
3. About 20 minutes before serving, boil water for the noodles.
4. Take chicken breasts out of crock pot and cut-- it's a little hard because it tends to shred, but just try ;)
5. When noodles are soft, add to crock pot along with chopped chicken. Mix well and serve!