One of the most important parts of making clean eating a lifestyle versus a temporary change is learning to make your favorite foods clean. One thing I'm totally obsessing over lately is clean pizza and cauliflower pizza, and now I have another clean pizza recipe to throw in the mix! These quinoa pizza bites are great because they give me a way to incorporate quinoa into my diet which I really need to start doing more often. Quinoa is one of those super foods with an endless list of benefits but for some reason it's never been a staple in my kitchen. This easy recipe incorporates all the flavors of pizza we all love with none of the fat or grease!
1 cup dry quinoa
1 egg 1 egg white
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian spices
1 tsp paprika
Turkey pepperoni cut into quarters (you can use as many as you'd like)
Clean marinara sauce for dipping (I like Monte Bene)
Optional: low fat mozzarella cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place quinoa along with 2 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer until water has cooked off.
3. Allow quinoa to cool for a few minutes so that the eggs don't cook when you combine ingredients.
4. Combine all ingredients except marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
5. Placed into a prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
6. If adding mozzarella, add to top and place back in oven for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve warm with warm marinara for dipping.