I know I've been talking about yoga a lot this week, and I promise this is the last time- but I had a little epiphany last night. The reason I think I like it so much is because I'm not that good at it! It isn't second nature to me, so every time I go in I have to really concentrate on what I'm doing and give 100% effort. It is SO nice to have a new goal to work toward. It makes me super frustrated when B can do Eagle pose and wrap his foot around his calf, and I can't do it! A little friendly competition never hurt anyone :) Okay no more yoga talk (for now) time to move on to a great dinner recipe!
3/4 head of cauliflower, riced
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites
2 tsp italian spices
1 tsp garlic powder
2 thin sliced chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into small strips
Marinara sauce (I love Monte Bene)
Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
Cottage cheese OR low-fat Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rice cauliflower in food processor and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
3. Place rest of ingredients for crust in a bowl and mix with your hands.
4. Place crust on cookie sheet, and using a spatula flatten until you have one thin layer.
5. Bake crust for 20 minutes or until the outsides begin to brown.
6. Add desired toppings and cook 12-15 additional minutes.
Keep in mind, this isn't bread so it's not going to rise, and it's not going to be as sturdy as bread (mine fell apart a little). For the cheese on our pizza, I did half mozzarella and half cottage cheese. I didn't try the cheesy side (obviously) but B said both sides tasted great, so it's really up to you!
Have you ever started something new and weren't great at it, but loved it for the challenge?