So, good news on the knee-- it's feeling better today. I was an icing machine yesterday and I think that helped a lot. I'm still going to take it easy and mostly train upper body for the next couple of days because the absolute last thing I want is an injury. Thank you all so much for your comments and advice yesterday I really appreciate it!
Since I'm on a mission to gain some more muscle, in addition to adding more carbs into my diet I'm also incorporating red meat more than usual. Typically, I only eat red meat once or twice a month, but I think I'll likely start planning meals around it about once a week. Bison is my absolute favorite and we found some on sale last week so we stocked up the freezer and I'm super excited about it! My recipe for this week is similar to salsa chicken, but beef instead!
- 32 oz lean sirloin steak
- 1 onion cut into thin slices
- 1 small can peppers in adobo sauce (You just need 2 peppers chopped and 1-2 T of the sauce depending on how spicy you like your food)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
1. Place everything in crock pot and cook for 5 hours on low.
2. With two forks, shred beef. That's it!
We had mock Chipotle salad bowls with black beans, avocado, tomato, red onion, and Greek yogurt. B had it in a burrito for lunch today and that was super yummy too!