Our plane was delayed an hour on the way home from California over the weekend, so of course I spent that extra time planning out meals and finding new recipes to try. After reading my Oxygen from cover to cover (twice) I book marked 3 new recipes to try, this one being one of them. I love this recipe for a couple of reasons, first it requires minimum ingredients, second it requires minimum prep, and third it finally gave me an excuse to buy coconut flour. I've seen so many recipes that use coconut flour but I've just never got around to buying it... but now that I have it, watch out! I followed the original recipe almost to a T, but I did add my own touch (of course) with the Greek yogurt sauce.
Wraps (I used about 20 oz of chicken so I quadrupled this recipe)
5oz chicken breasts
1tbsp coconut flour
1tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp coconut oil
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 leaf Romaine lettuce
1. Place coconut flour and coconut into a bowl and set aside.
2. Cube chicken then toss chicken in mixture until fully covered.
3. Heat skillet to medium and add coconut oil.
4. Add chicken and cook through, adding lime juice 1/2 way through.
5. Place in lettuce leafs and add sauce. I served with brown rice.
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder