When your non vegetable eating boyfriend asks you to make chicken and vegetable soup at least once a week, you listen. I don't really know how people don't like veggies but I'm relatively positive I could live on asparagus and zucchini for the rest of my life if I had to. Then there is B who would be happy if he never saw another veggie again... and don't even get me started on my sisters! My 18 year old sister eats tomatoes. Yep, that's it. She has been offered ridiculous amounts of money to take a bite of salad or eat a piece of broccoli and she just can't do it. WEIRDO. (love you)
I chopped up all my veggies the night before and marinated my chicken breasts in a can of low sodium stewed tomatoes with basil and oregano.
In the mix this time was cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini. I also added in 2 cans of low sodium tomato sauce and a can of garbanzo beans for a little more of a minestrone taste. I also made some cheddar biscuits- don't ask me why they semi look like cookies, because I don't know why, but they taste like biscuits I promise!
(Yields 6 biscuits)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 shredded almond cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (I think I will use more next time, they weren't very parsley-y)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp EVOO
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients and mix in mixing bowl
3. Using a tablespoon set "balls" of the batter onto a prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
Enjoy! And eat your veggies!