I realize you may have already made your dessert for Thanksgiving today, or if you're more like me you're still searching for recipes hoping this will be the perfect one... well it is! I combined two recipes, one from Clean Eating Chelsey and another that I had written down in my planner to come up with these bite sized pumpkin pies. I love that they have a "crust" on them, and they weren't hard to make at all. Take these to dinner today and I promise no one will know they are not loaded with sugar, butter, and oil!
1 cup oat flour
1.5 scoops protein powder
1/4 cup Truvia
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax powder mixed with 3 tbsp water, let it set for a few minutes)
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 egg whites
4 packets Truvia
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Combine oat flour, protein powder, truvia, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Remove 3/4 cup of this mixture and place in separate bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the main bowl and mix well.
4. Pour mixture (should be thick) into a prepared 8x8 pan and cook at 350 for 20 minutes.
5. While crust is cooking, combine all ingredients for filling and mix well.
6. Take the 3/4 cup of oat flour mixture and slowly fold in 1 tbsp of applesauce at a time. You are looking for a crumbly consistency. (This takes some time, but you'll get there eventually)
7. Once crust is done, pour mixture on top then add your 'crumbles' and bake for another 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. I cut mine into 16 small squares, but you can divide them however you like :)
I can't wait to bring these to my TWO Thanksgivings today! That's right, I have a Thanksgiving meal at 1pm and another one at 4pm-- one with each of our families, I am truly blessed. Good thing I am used to eating every 3 hours :) Happy Thanksgiving!