|The very temping dessert table at my parents BBQ!|
2. Drink Water: I know that I find myself forgetting to drink water, or not drinking as much as usual over the weekend. Make sure you are flushing out all those unwanted weekend toxins over the next few days with tons of water.
3. Sleep! Something that can keep me out of the gym in the morning is waking up tired or without energy after the weekend. I try my best to keep my sleep schedule the same even on weekends so that when Monday comes around I'm ready to go and full of energy. Make sure you plan to get your full 8 hours tonight so that you have all the energy you need for a great workout tomorrow.
4. Try a new recipe: If you are having trouble getting back into your grove, trying a new recipe may get you excited again! I know whenever I try something new and like the way it comes out, it's very motivating and it makes me want to keep going.
5. Don't beat yourself up about it. What happened, happened, and you can't go back, so just make sure you make the right choices moving forward. Also, don't go do 2-a-days, or load up on cardio to make up for it, unfortunately, you can't just run off those chips. (sorry to burst your bubble!)
6. Go shopping: Make sure you are setting yourself up for success by creating a healthy grocery list and sticking to it. I never leave the house without a detailed list of the dinners I'll be making for the week to come and all the ingredients we will need from the store. If you stick to your list, not only will you save money, but you will stay away from the junk food and be prepared for the week.
|Here's what was in our cart!|
Here are a few of the items that were on our shopping list this past weekend:
- Eggs- I cannot believe how many eggs we go through in a week!
- Almond milk
- Cottage cheese
- Lots of veggies
- Bananas, apples, and blueberries
- Almond butter
- Baby food for protein bars
- Tapatio- not clean, but I put a couple splashes on my egg whites :)
If you haven't already, make sure you "LIKE" my facebook page- I post motivational quotes and links to great articles daily!