- 1.5C brown rice
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce (you can puree your own at home if you want)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Garlic and Onion Powder (I don't measure, just an even sprinkling of both)
1. Place rice, onion, olive oil and seasoning in frying pan on medium heat. Stir until rice begins to brown and onion looks clear.
2. Add 1 1/4 C of water and the can of tomato sauce (be careful, I get popped every once and a while!)
3. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover. It should take about 20 minutes for all the water to cook off.
|For tilapia- Spray pan and add a tiny bit of coconut oil to top of fish.|
Pepper to taste, then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.