-One package extra lean ground turkey (99/1)
-One can low sodium black beans
-One small can low sodium tomato sauce
-One can Green chilies, diced
-1/3 onion, diced
-Lawrey's Chili Spices
1. Place onions in frying pan and place on low heat until they start to brown, then add in ground turkey.
2. As turkey is cooking add 1tbsp. of Lawrey's Chili Spices, and chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper to taste.
3. While meat is cooking, place black beans (drained), tomato sauce, green chili, and diced tomato in a pot and turn on low heat.
4. Once meat is browned, add to pot and mix well.
5. At this point, the chili is complete but I recommend adding about 1/4 cup of water and turning the heat down to simmer. This will allow all the flavors to cook together.
|Since I try to taper off carbs as the day goes on, I served the chili over romaine lettuce and added tomato and red onion with a little bit of salsa.|
Chili Nutritional Info:
Serving size: 1 cup
This is like a two in one post, because I also made spaghetti squash- I will use this tomorrow to add some carbs to the chili for lunch.
To make spaghetti squash:
1. Take one Spaghetti squash and poke 7-8 holes in it with a knife. This will prevent it from exploding when in the microwave.
2. Place in a microwave safe baking dish and cook for 6 minutes, then turn the squash and cook 6 more minutes.
3. Be very careful when removing from microwave, because it will be very hot!
4. Allow at least 15 minutes to cool, then cut squash in half length wise.
5. Remove any seeds.
6. With a fork, scrape out meat of squash- it should come out in thin strings, just like spaghetti!
It is a great way to add healthy carbs to any meal, and it is only 46 calories per 1 cup!